Giving a whole new meaning to the word "beauty sleep," the Blue Moon Retinol Overnight Sleeping Mask goes to work while you sleep to deliver intense moisture that leaves skin smooth, supple, and fresh when you wake.
Used as an age-management and preventative/corrective cream, the Blue Moon Retinol Overnight Sleeping Mask contains a potent blend of botanicals, including the star ingredient Blue Tansy Oil, which increases cellular turnover and minimizes the appearance of texture and enlarged pores, as well as brightening any uneven pigment.
The resulting Chamazulene from the distillation process is the active magic that enriches Blue Tansy Oil with soothing, anti-inflammatory properties that calm the skin almost instantly.
Aligning with its name, the Blue Moon Overnight Sleeping Mask works best when applied at sun down and at the end of your P.M. skin routine. Those who enjoy this formulation will notice a distinctive scent of sweet sage with a light herbaceous aroma that washes one’s being with a sense of peace through connectedness with the Earth’s ingredients.
Clinical Data Findings:
- The 4-Part Hyaluronic Acid Blend in our formulation improved the skin hydration of study participants by 155.1% and decreased the skin's TEWL (Transepidermal Water Loss) by 32.3% just one hour after application.
- Our formulation featuring Retinal Hydroxyapatite delivers 20 times more potency than retinol in order to stimulate collagen and elastin synthesis more effectively while also being non-irritating. Additionally, the Retinal Hydroxyapatite in our formulation delivers calcium simultaneously with the retinal to further increase the efficacy of reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- In a clinical study, the powerful plant botanical blend featured in our formulation was shown to increase skin's hydration, boost promotion of collagen synthesis, and increase synthesis of α2 1 integrins, which are responsible for the dermal-epidermal junction and cellular interactions.
Recommended Use: Apply the cream nightly after your cleansing, toning, and serum cocktail. Allow all serums to dry before applying the cream for full benefits. Sleep in the cream and rinse off the next morning.
Blue Moon Retinol Overnight Sleeping Mask Key Ingredient Breakdown:
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Organic Aloe): Soothes skin and serves as a powerful anti-inflammatory that, when used topically, can aid in healing burns, reduce scarring, and speeding up the wound healing process.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Organic Green Tea): A botanical ingredient naturally rich in antioxidants and other youth enhancing compounds, Green Tea Leaf works to reduce redness, inflammation, and irritation, and it contains antibacterial, healing, and UV protection properties. It also helps to decrease wrinkles and increase elasticity due to its inhibitory action on collagenase (a collagen-reducing enzyme that breaks down collagen) that promotes the health and quantity of collagen in the skin to maintain firmness and elasticity.
- Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum (Tara, Botanical Hyaluronic Acid): A natural emollient to assist in soothing and softening the skin.
- Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Organic Jojoba): Anti-inflammatory properties help to tame chafing and chapping, reduce redness caused by drying, ease the effects of eczema and rosacea, and keep skin calm and comfortable. The B-complex and Vitamin E in Jojoba oil also aid in skin repair and damage control.
- Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Organic Sunflower): A rich source of vitamin E and other antioxidants, Sunflower Seed Oil is effective for combatting skincare issues like acne, inflammation, general redness and irritation of the skin. This oil also has emollient properties that help the skin to retain its moisture. This oil also contains other beneficial fatty acids skin can use, including oleic, palmitic, stearic, and a small amount of omega-3 linolenic acid.
- Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter): Acts as a skin conditioning agent and viscosity (thickness) increasing agent. Its function as a dermal conditioner is two-fold by helping the skin to retain moisture as well as lessen the loss of water by forming a barrier on the skin's surface.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3): Reduces inflammation which may help ease redness from eczema, acne, and other inflammatory skin conditions. Vitamin B3 also works to keep skin smooth and moisturized and may have a secondary benefit of naturally minimizing the appearance of pores over time.
- Retinol (Vitamin A): Boosts the amount of collagen your body makes to naturally plump the skin, which minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin A also works to improves skin tone and color, and reduces mottled patches. Our Blue Moon Overnight Sleeping Mask formula contains between 2.5 % compounded Retinol (Vitamin A).
- Panthenol (Vitamin B5): A skin protectant with anti-inflammatory properties, Panthenol can help improve skin's hydration, elasticity, and smooth appearance as well as soothe red skin.
- Centella Asiatica Extract (Organic Gotu Kola): Calms inflammation, speeds wound healing, stimulates new cell growth, builds collagen, and improves circulation.
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E): In fighting off free radicals, Vitamin E helps protect the skin from damage as well as provide moisturizing and healing benefits that work to strengthen skin barrier function.
- Taraxacum Officinale Extract (Organic Dandelion): Increases the generation of new skin cells, which can slow the aging process . Additional research indicates that dandelion extract may reduce skin inflammation and irritation while also increasing hydration and collagen production.
- Propolis Extract (Propolis): Effective in extinguishing acne for those with sensitive, acne-prone skin. Propolis is a powerful tool to fight off acne not only due to its antibacterial nature, but also for its anti-inflammatory properties that reduce redness in the skin and soothes by cooling the temperature of the skin.
- Equisetum Arvense Extract (Horsetail): Along with the antioxidant benefits of anti-aging, and the anti-inflammatory benefits for acne and irritation, horsetail extract has other skin benefits including aiding in healing rashes, burns, and wounds thanks to its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
- Salvia Sclarea Flower Oil (Clary Sage): Clary Sage exhibits both a cooling property that soothes skin afflicted with inflammation and calms rashes, as well as a balancing property that stabilizes the production of natural oil and sebum to prevent acne breakouts.
- Tanacetum Annuum Flower Oil (Blue Tansy Essential Oil): Not only works to soothe the nervous system, it also works wonders on your skin. It's believed to have antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Geranium Maculatum Extract (Wild Geranium): Contains powerful antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties that have made it a centuries-long skincare ingredient used to soothe adermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, oily skin, and acne.